Skip to main content

Stee's 300things - Deconstructed

Me again.

I have had a lot of questions regarding the #300things I posted about previously. 300 things is a vision list of 300 things I was inspired to write. This was after being inspired by one of Steve Harvey's motivational talks. It is a powerful tool which transformed the way I dreamed and changed my perspective on goals and vision-boarding. Already some of my 300 things came to be and I just had to share. But maybe I over-simplified it. The most common question I received from people was: is it really possible to want 300 things? What kind of things? What are your things and which ones came true? The trend is most people were failing to get to 300 things. SO I decided to follow up the last post with this deconstruction to clarify and help complete your list:

1. You can include other people

Your list is a list of the future you want. Every little thing. Our loved ones are in our future and their future determines our peace and happiness too. So by all means, you can write things to do with other people. Their health, their friends, their businesses etc etc. Basically if you know what intercessory praying is like - that. There are no hard and fast rules that #300things is just about you. Actually the deeper you get into it the less you focus on yourself. When your purpose in life becomes clear you will realise it really isn't about you. It never really was.

2. More important than money

After you have exhausted all the material things, you will question yourself about the most important things in life. What do you want read on your tombstone? What don't you want to regret? What is the happiest possible version of a life you picture? Name all the things in that picture. From the air, the sounds, the place, the food, the people. Be specific. When you really start dreaming you will realise 300 things is even too few.

3. Easy list items

Some things are easy to list. Do you want joy? What about wisdom? Which countries do you want to visit? Get a globe and start listing. Or specific places in those countries? Any foods you want more of? What number weight do you want to be? Body shape? And kids? What about them? How many, girls, boys? Twins? Dream house? What exactly will it have in it? List these items one by one. What is the name of the foundation or charity you want to start or donate to? This is big picture plans. What have you always wanted to do but are too afraid? List. List. List!

4. Hand it over then let go

Once you have completed the list you need to let it go. There is a threshold. Don't clutch at it too tightly. When you want something so badly you just won't get it. You need to hand it over. To God. Or if you don't believe in God, to the universe. Just let it go. Pray it over. Then enjoy living in the freedom that it is not up to you. Let His will be done. Believing that He wants the best for you. Then start saying YES. Sometimes opportunity is disguised as work or a chore. Say yes anyway.

5. Some of mine which came true in less than a month

The 300things list really is a private thing. If you tell others you may not be as honest to yourself about what you want. But some of mine which came to be without my actually planning them include
-my YouTube channel
-a specific book I wanted
-become a mental health advocate
-peace
-good camera
I was literally surprised and gifted with some of these without asking, others were opportunities presented to me without me seeking them out, even though I have been trying to do some of these things for years. There were others but I will leave it at those for now.

And always remember that:

6. Your success is only limited by the depth of your imagination

That's it. Let that sink in.

#300things
Give it another go. It may take you a few days. But you can do it. Let me know if that helps. Enjoy dreaming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's your 'Real Age'?

RealAge, Inc. is an American media corporation that provides health information to consumers. The company’s stated mission is to encourage consumers to maximize their health and wellness by making their "RealAge" younger. It was founded by media medic, Michael Roizen , currently the chief wellness officer at The Cleveland Clinic . log on to realage.com So basically its a website which asks you a bunch of questions then it tells you what age you really are. It will ask you things like from 'how much do you drink' to 'how many orgasms do you have a week' and so on. It is a long quiz. Apparently since it started in 1999, 27 million people have taken the test. Guess everyone wants to live life to the youngest! So of course I took the test..and I am not revealing my real age. I was appalled to say the least! And now they are sending me all sorts of suggestions about how I can 'regain my youth' e.g:   Burn More Fat with These

Is Everyday One Word or Two? English Test Woes

IELTS (pronounced alternatively by people as EYE-Elts and EYE-Lets) is the standardized international English test from the UK and Australia, equivalent to Toefl for the US. I had to do it for a myriad of reasons but mainly to prove to the aforesaid 'Commonwealthers' that I can indeed communicate in English. Disgruntled but excited I booked my test for this past Saturday and pictured myself getting 98% because ‘I even have a blog-o!’ How good must my English be? Woke up at the crack of dawn!   I had received warnings of non-refundable expulsion for late-comers so my senses were acutely aware of my alarm clock. Thinking I was too early, I arrived to find a horde (word I used in my speaking test) of anxious-looking people already waiting outside the British Council building. I immediately befriended the most cheerful face sitting at the end of the line who was to become my friend for the whole day. Payal had carried 5 pens, 5 pencils, several rubbers and a sparkling sharpener

Saving Mandy

When you have influence, it is your duty to stand up for others and help others up too We had so much in common.  We were both born and grew up in the same sleepy hometown of Bulawayo, almost same neighborhood. We attended the same high school, some years apart, but both proud and loud Convent girls. At some point, we must have taken the same Parklands surburb bus from City Hall to home. Our siblings almost same age-groups; our families and friends intertwined all the way back to roots in Dombodema rural home. We both went on to study medicine, she did dentistry, I did MBChB. But eventually we both did a masters in Public Health in the same programme at the University of Zimbabwe. We both got married and set up home in Harare. Bulawayo girls stick together when they arrive in the big bad city. When I had Anashe, she had Siyabonga. We were both pregnant in 2018. Being senior medical professionals we both had access to the “best” medical care. We both had Cesarian Sections and